Library & Information Center
By putting students first and by striving for excellence, we try to make a difference in everything we do. As an integrated service we are able to combine the information provision skills of library staff with the technical expertise of IT staff together with the creative design and production expertise of publishing and digital media.
INFORMATION SERVICES :
- Our super multifunctional library provides a mix of learning environments to meet different student needs, be it a quiet, individual study space or be it a separate room equipped with computer /internet facility, for team working, discussion, or practicing a presentation.
- Study spaces have a networked PC to provide flexibility to work on line alongside traditional print resources, it gives students also an option of using a laptop.
- Our library is well stocked with books and print journals but our extensive range of online resources extend the library beyond the campus, allowing students to work locally or at any location across the world.
- All students are given friendly help with an integrated enquiry desk on the use of electronic library. They can make use of these facilities in the library through drop in sessions at a time of their choosing.
- We recognize the importance of providing our students with the type of networked computing environment in our digital library.
Information services offers the very best support to our students and staff, both on and off campus, whilst we utilize the latest technologies to ensure that our students and staff can access the services when they want .
We never forget the human touch and always take time to listen to our students and give/do more of what they like and less of what they don't like!
Library & Reading Room : Some facts and figures
- SFGC library subscribes to 66 journals (6 foreign and 60 Indian) and 58 popular magazines.
- It has 25976 books and an internet lab with 26 systems.
- Open access system
- Library services are fully computerized with online public access catalogue (OPAC)
- Collections and readers profiles are bar-coded.
- There is an independent library for MBA programme.
- The MBA library has 8876 books and an internet lab with 10 systems
- Reprographics facility is available in both libraries.
- Library & Information Center is open on working days from 8:30 A.M. to 5 P.M. it is closed on Sundays and general holidays.
- Bona fide students and staff of the college are welcome to use the L& IC resources in a congenial atmosphere. Others however can use the reference section on request.
- L& IC resources consist of books, journals, magazines, newspapers, CDs &DVDs.
- L& IC services are: lending, reference, referral, inter-library loan, current awareness service, internet and reprographic. All services are computerized by using EASY LIB software.
- Book bank for SC/ST students.
- Library resources for competitive examinations and research are being enhanced.
- Professionally qualified and experienced staff to assist library users.
- Resource sharing with SET institutions using web OPAC in the offings.
||Name of the Faculty
||Mr. T K Puttaswamy
||Ms. Sandhya Achari
||Mr. Pavan Kumar
||Ms. S Vijaylakshmi
||Mr. S Yeshwanth Kumar
||Mr. S Chethan Kumar
|During the Academic year 2011-2012
|Total No. of Books: UG Library 19022.+ 10500 MBA Library books
|Books added during Apr-2011 to Feb-2012
|961 Books, Total Price: 1,64,192.
|Total No. of Journals/Magazines
|42 Journals & 66 Magazines, Total Price: 16,141.
|Generation of college ID card for staff and students.
|Added special collection on Gandhi, Vivekananda & Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
|Separate corner for display of News letters & workshop brouchers
|Establishment of Competitive Emamination Books section.