By putting students first and by striving for excellence, we try to make a difference in everything we do. As an integrated service we are able to combine the information provision skills of library staff with the technical expertise of IT staff together with the creative design and production expertise of publishing and digital media.
- Books - 38889
- Periodicals - 30 Journals, 20 Magazines, 18 Newspapers
- CD/DVD's - 276
- Database - INFIBNET's N-LIST
Books added During academic Year 2014-2015: 4170 Book
- Our super multifunctional library provides a mix of learning environments to meet different student needs, be it a quiet, individual study space or be it a separate room equipped with computer / internet facility, for team working, discussion, or practicing a presentation.
- Study spaces have a networked PC to provide flexibility to work on line alongside traditional print resources, it gives students also an option of using a laptop.
- Our library is well stocked with books and print journals but our extensive range of online resources extend the library beyond the campus, allowing students to work locally or at any location across the world.
- All students are given friendly help with an integrated enquiry desk on the use of electronic library. They can make use of these facilities in the library through drop in sessions at a time of their choosing.
- We recognize the importance of providing our students with the type of networked computing environment in our digital library.
Information services offers the very best support to our students and staff, both on and off campus, whilst we utilize the latest technologies to ensure that our students and staff can access the services when they want .
We never forget the human touch and always take time to listen to our students and give / do more of what they like and less of what they don't like!
Library & Reading Room : Some facts and figures
- SFGC library subscribes to 30 journals and 22 popular magazines.
- It has 34719 books and an internet lab with 10 systems.
- Open access system
- Library services are fully computerized with online public access catalogue (OPAC)
- Collections and readers profiles are bar-coded.
- Reprographics facility is available in UG Libraries.
- Library & Information Center is open on all working days from 8:30 A.M. to 5 P.M.
- Generation of college ID card for staff and students.
- Added special collection on Gandhi, Vivekananda & Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa.
- Separate corner for display of Newsletters & workshop brouchers.
- Establishment of Competitive Examination Books section.
- Wi-Fi Facility is available at UG Library.
- Bona fide students and staff of the college are welcome to use the L&IC resources in a congenial atmosphere. Others however can use the reference section on request.
- L&IC services are: lending, reference, referral, inter-library loan, current awareness service, internet and reprographic. All services are computerized by using EASY LIB software.
- Text Book Bank program for B.Com, B.B.M & B.C.A students.
- Book bank for SC / ST students.
- Library resources for competitive examinations and research are being enhanced.
- Professionally qualified and experienced staff to assist library users.
- Resource sharing with SET institutions using web OPAC.
Library Rules and Regulations
- Users must bring ID cards while entering the library.
- Borrowing materials without a valid membership / identity card is prohibited. No one is permitted to use other member's card to borrow documents.
- The borrower owes responsibility to return the book borrowed in good condition. Any damage, deface or soil is noticed at the time of return, library staff will refuse to accept the publication. The borrower has to replace or make good the loss of such publication
- Overdue charges at the rate of Rs.2.00 per day per book will be charged for late return.
- No loud conversation or group discussion is allowed in the library.
- No food and drinks are allowed in the library.
- Please deposit your personal belongings at the property counter. Library staff are not responsible for missing or loss of personal belongings in the library.
- Please don't restore used library documents. Leave them on the tables properly after use.
- If the documents borrowed are lost the member has to inform to the library staff immediately. The borrower is having an option to replace with the same or latest edition and pay overdue charges. Cheaper edition like paperback or student edition will not be accepted.
- If the borrower's card is lost, member has to inform the library staff in writing, duplicate card will be issued on a fee of Rs. 50/- each. If the original is found at a later date, it has to be surrendered. No fee will be refunded.
- No due certificate is issued on clearing all the dues and surrendering borrowers ticket and ID card to the library.
- Please switch off your cell phone before entering the library. Otherwise phone will be confiscated and a fine of Rs. 500/- will be charged.
Text Book Bank : Rules and Regulations
In order to meet the increased demand for Syllabus based Semester books, a separate Text Book Bank has been established in the Library. While fulfilling their specific information needs through this programme undue pressure by disinterested Students on the Library will be eased to a greater extent. This will also help us in building good reference type of collection which lasts long in the Library.
Under this Text Book Bank programme each Student is provided with 4 or 5 books pertaining to his studies during the semester (excepting language). Books are provided under the same conditions as applicable to lending from general library.
- Books are issued for the whole semester to the students from TBB.
- The borrower owes responsibility to return the book borrowed in good condition. Any damage, deface or soil is noticed at the time of return, library staff will refuse to accept the publication. The borrower has to replace or make good the loss of such publication.
- If the documents borrowed are lost the member has to inform to the library staff immediately. The borrower is having an option to replace with the same or latest edition. Cheaper edition like paperback or student edition will not be accepted.
- Borrowers are eligible to borrow books for the next semester only by returning the earlier borrowed documents in good condition.
- No due certificate issued on clearing all the dues and surrendering all the borrowed books to the library.