Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
The pace of change brought about by new technologies has had a significant effect on the way people live, work, and play worldwide. The quality of teaching, learning and administration is directly proportional to the level of technology innovation and updating in a higher education institution. New and emerging technologies challenge the traditional process of teaching and learning, and the way education is managed. ICT helps to access variety of learning resources, immediacy to information, any time learning, Collaborative learning, Multimedia approach to education, Authentic and up to date information, Online library, Distance learning, Better accesses to students with disabilities etc. SFGC provides ICT options in various shapes.
A Glance at Online Classes....!!
A glance at E-Study Material...!!
An automated attendance tracking system- IPOMO Campus is being used by the college. It helps teachers, students, parents and other stakeholders to keep track of student's attendance and overall progress using their phones/computers. Students access study material posted by teachers via IPOMO Manch .
Functioning of IPOMO Campus System:
- Features of IPOMO Campus are accessed via App in Smart Phone or Website in the Computer.
- Individual ID and Password is provided to teachers and students.
- Teachers mark the attendance, test marks using their smartphones.
- Students view their attendance, test marks using smartphones.
- Important information is shared with students, teachers and parents via SMS system.
- Students hourly attendance is informed to parents daily via SMS system.
- Online Feedback on faculty performance is taken by students.
- It is an extension of IPOMO Campus System which is an open platform for SFGC family.
- Teachers post their Study material i.e. notes, teaching videos etc. in IPOMO Manch.
- Students view and download this study Material, images, videos etc.
- Students or Teachers post images, videos regarding college activities which will be published after it is granted by the admin.
- Subscribers can put their comments or likes for the Posts.
IT Infrastructure in SFGC
- A good number of Desktop Computers for students and staff with high configuration
- Laptops for staff
- High speed Internet / WiFi Facility throughout the campus
- ICT enabled Class Rooms
- LED TVs
- Xerox Machine
- CCTV Cameras all over the campus
- Multiples Softwares as per the need of students
- Bio Metric attendance for staff