The OBC cell has been established at the institutional level since 2016-17 on the recommendation of IQAC to look after the problems of OBC students with the following objectives in consideration:
- To enhance equal opportunities for education of OBC students.
- To counsel and guide OBC students on various issues and help them to manage academic and personal demands of college life effectively.
- To ensure provisions for an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide prompt counselling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of occurrences of any event at the campus.
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of OBC students, if any.
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the career growth of these students.
- To encourage enrolling for career orientation programmes, this would empower and equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.
Committee for Minority
- Dr. S. N. Venkatesh, Principal SFGC- Chairperson.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Saritha B.
- Assoc. Prof. C. Shivkumar.
- Asst. Prof. Gangadhara D.
- Narasimhaiah P., Office Assistant.